Finally, I knew why

This heart trouble has been slowly killing me for quite some time. My eyes, too were depriving me to see who I really was, how I really looked like and how pretty the colors of the earth really were. Even the darkest shades haven’t been visible to me.

It has been lifeless from where I have been and the colors that I knew were all but spurious, I realized. This led me to suffocating myself without even trying to fight back; I have been letting myself pass away. How could I do such a thing when all I really wanted was to make sense out of this short life? I guess, I was just like one of those prisoners who were merely satisfied to be mesmerized by the shadows in the cave. I didn’t know there was a world out there. I didn’t even know that a thing such as the sun indeed existed - and it still exists.

Now I know why I was never able to satisfy my appetite. The foods I’ve been eating were all synthetic. The room I’ve been lurking all my life was indeed a void. I was better off as dead (literally), because after all, I was really buried meters below.



But now, I’m slowly creeping my way back to the surface.
I can see the light bouncing back from the greens to the blues. At least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home